Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Starry Nights, City Lights

Sometimes, when I get to thinking, I laugh at how ridiculously stupid I am. Perhaps stupid isn't the right word... more like blind? I don't know. When I look at people, I try to see the good in them, even when they flaunt their bad traits. I forgive too easily, forget too easily, love too easily, trust too easily. And no matter how many times I get screwed over, I never learn my lesson. Why? Why can't I get it through my head that everyone is just completely fake and only cares about themselves? The only time this ever actually occurs to me is just for a fleeting moment when I really, really, REALLY think about it. I'm not even talking about recently, nothing happened in the past few days to make me feel like this. I just do. Well, except when Emily was all, y'know, and pissed me off. But that's a story for another day, and I just really don't like her as a person or friend. Back on track, I feel like I let people walk all over me. Hey Hannah, I'm gonna talk about you behind your back. But don't be mad at me, I'm really sorry! And what do I do? "Oh, it's alright." I know I do it, but I can't break the habit of pleasing people. Haha, that sounded weird, hmm? Seriously though. I just forgive. I guess it's because it's easier than being confrontational, but sometimes I think that I'm stupid for doing it. I just really need to learn how to tell people to piss off. So many problems, such a short period of time.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Not everyone in the world is fake..most people are genuine and caring. Never think bad of yourself for trusting in others..it's a good trait to have. We may get hurt along life's road but they are all lessons learned. We still have to go on loving and trusting and those are the things that make you who you are. It's a wonderful thing to be able to look yourself in the mirror and know your a good person!! Thanks for tossing the cuss words..it makes for better reading.
Love you
Aunt Ter